- …Once re-elected, Barack Obama, as confirmed by his willingness to do or say anything and his unscrupulous re-election tactics, would not only threaten government shutdowns but would deliberately withhold payments to those dependent on government support as a means of intimidating and forcing a Republican controlled Congress to surrender to his demands, thus neutering their ability to control the administration through spending constraints.
- Republicans–not Democrats–have repeatedly threatened to shut down the government if they didn’t get their way.
- In 1994, during Bill Clinton’s Presidency, Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich shut down the government because he felt slighted by Clinton on a trip to Israel.
- And earlier this year, Republicans threatened to force the United States to default on its loans by refusing to raise the debt ceiling unless Democrats agreed to an extortionate budgetary deal–which expires in December.
- When that happens, Republicans will once again pull their extortion routine at the expense of the nation they claim to love.
- Democrats have never threatened to shut down the government.
- Further, this administration has shown contempt for the courts by…stonewalling subpoenas and requests issued by Congress.
- The Eric Holder Justice Department has become the epitome of corruption as part of the most dishonest and deceitful administration in American history.
- “Fast and Furious”–to which the reference to “stonewalling” alludes– was an operation begun during the George W. Bush administration. It involved allowing guns to be bought by members of the Mexican drug cartels to trace them to the outlaw bands.
- Such operations–whether begun under Democratic or Republic administrations–are inherently risky and have nothing to do with politics.
- When they go right the top leaders of the cartel go to prison. When they go wrong, it’s a scandal.
- This one just didn’t work out. Agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms lost control of the firearms–and one of the guns was used to kill a U.S. Border patrol officer.
- In a second term the arrogance of Barack Obama and his minions will become more blatant as he will not have to be concerned with re-election.
- Who will be there to enforce the rule of law, a Supreme Court ruling or the Constitution? No one.
- Barack Obama and his fellow-travelers will be unchallenged as they run roughshod over the American people.
- “Fellow-travelers” is a term used by 1950s Republicans–such as Joseph McCarthy–to mean Communists.
- If Obama is a Communist sympathizer–let alone a card-carrying one–this email offers no evidence to prove it. But then, for the Right, evidence of treason isn’t necessary–only accusation.
- Judging by his actions, words and deeds during his first term, [Obama] does not intend to work with Congress either Republican or Democrat in his second term but rather to force his radical agenda on the American people through the power he has usurped or been granted.
- During the last three years. Obama has repeatedly sought compromises with Congressional Republicans. But the Republicans have been the ones refusing to compromise.
- Indiana State Treasurer Richard Mourdock, who’s now running for U.S. Senator, perfectly summed up the Republican attitude: “I have a mindset that says bipartisanship ought to consist of Democrats coming to the Republican point of view.”
- That’s the sort of “compromise” Adolf Hitler understood, but it’s not the sort that’s acceptable in a democracy.
- …We the American people also must come to grips with this moment in time and our role in denying Barack Obama his lifelong goal of “transforming” us into his slaves working on his government plantation.
It’s hard to imagine Americans’ being enslaved when, because of President Obama:
They’re finally able to get healthcare insurance that was previously denied them because of a “pre-existing condition.”
They’re able to get such insurance for their children.
U.S. forces are finally being recalled from Iraq, where they never should have been sent.
American forces are being withdrawn from Afghanistan, where they’ve spent eleven years trying to remake a backwards, alien land into a modern nation.
There’s finally legislation to prevent another Wall Street meltdown because of the uncontrolled greed of corporate “leaders.”
A massive polluter like BP is called to account and forced to put up money to at least partially repair what it has monumentally spoiled.
But for the Right, black-and-white have always been inverted. Thus one of the marching songs of Hitler’s black-uniformed SS offered these lyrics:
Or, as Ernest Hemingway once put it: “Fascism is a lie told by bullies.”