- The Environmental Protection Agency on a near daily basis issues new regulations clearly out of their purview in order to modify and change environmental laws previously passed and to impose a radical green agenda never approved by Congress.
- In April, 2010, a BP oil rig exploded off the coast of Louisiana, spilling untold millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Up to then the Right–led by Sarah Palin–had been literally screaming: “Drill, baby, drill!” Then, suddenly, that shouting fell silent. Now it’s back again–as in this email.
- The vast majority of scientists in the United States have confirmed that global warming is a reality and that man-made pollution is the main cause.
- But the Right refuses to accept those findings–or the rises in temperature and accompanying drought across the country.
The left in America knows this usurpation of power is nearly impossible to reverse unless stopped in its early stages.
There’s a story about a peasant in a poor Jewish village in Russia who subscribed to several anti-Semitic newspapers. These warned constantly about how Jews ran the banks, the governments, and virtually everything else.. One day a friend of his demanded: “How can you, a Jew, read such garbage?” And the peasant said: “I love to see how powerful I am.”
The same thing applies here. The writer of this email gives far too much credit to the “power” of the left.
In doing so he ignores the rise of the Tea Party movement and its power to stalemate legislation in Congress.
He also ignores the truth that, economically and politically, real power lies with the Right. But to acknowledge this would demolish his pet theory of Leftist all-powerfulness.
- Most of the donors backing Mitt Romney are elderly billionaires. Their median age is 66, and their median wealth is $1 billion.
- In the primary season, they invested $52 million in his Super PAC, Restore Our Future.
- They all expect to profit from Romney’s pledges to eliminate inheritance taxes, extend the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, and slash the top tax rates by another 20%.
- “Money buys power,” warns the Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman. “And the increasing wealth of a tiny minority has effectively bought the allegiance of one of our two major political parties. Support from billionaires has always been the main thing keeping those charlatans and cranks in business. And now the same people effectively own a whole political party.”
- It is clearly the Mindset of this administration and its appointees that Congress is merely a nuisance and can be ignored after they were able to take full advantage of the useful idiots in the Democrat controlled House and Senate in 2009-2010 and the Democrat Senate in the current Congress.
- Contempt of Congress is a long-running story with Presidents. The administrations of Lyndon B. Johnson, Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush held Congress in absolute contempt.
- Johnson prepared the now-infamous “Gulf of Tonkin” resolution–giving him unrestricted right to wage war in Vietnam–before hostilities erupted. And he got Congress to pass it overwhelmingly.
- Reagan ignored Congress’ ban on sending weapons to the right-wing Nicaraguan “Contras” and instructed his aides to raise money by selling anti-aircraft missiles to Iran in exchange for a handful of American hostages.
- Bush intended to attack Iraq from Day One of his Presidency, to “avenge” his father’s losing re-election in 1992 for “failing” to topple Saddam Hussein.
- He mounted a major PR campaign to persuade Congress that Iraq had WMDs and had plotted 9/11 with Hussein–even there was absolutely no evidence of either.
- Additionally, Barack Obama knows after his re-election a Republican-controlled House and Senate will not be able to enact any legislation to roll back the power previously granted to the Executive Branch or usurped by them.
- His veto will not be overridden as there will always be at least 145 Democratic members of the House or 34 in the Senate in agreement with or intimidated by an administration more than willing to use Chicago style political tactics.
- Republicans dominate the House–which pushed the country to the brink of bankruptcy earlier this year. They’re now trying to win control of the Senate, and may well do so.
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has said the top priority of his party is to “make Barack Obama a one-term President.”
- This does not seem to be a party that’s “intimidated” by “Chicago-style political tactics.”